2017 $1 Movie Schedule at Santa Rosa 10
The Summer Movies Express for Summer 2017 starts in June at United Artists Santa Rosa 10 in Mary Esther, FL. A portion of the proceeds goes to the Will Rodgers Institute. Please support this program at this theater through purchases at their concession stand. All showtimes are at 10:00 am on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Both movies play on each Tues/Wed. $1 ticket fee per person.
2017 $1 Summer Movies Schedule
May 11, 2017 | admin
Looking for outdoor family movies? The Emerald Coast is known for outdoor living and because of that there are plenty of outdoor movies to enjoy. The warm, Florida weather is ideal for enjoying a flick and spending time with your family. Whether you have seen the movie or not, it’s all about the experience and the outdoor environment makes watching these movies much more exciting!
Below is the list of upcoming scheduled outdoor movies along the Emerald Coast.
Free Outdoor Family Movies
2017 Schedule TBA
June 25, 2016 | admin
It’s summer on the Emerald Coast and that means there is plenty to do with your family! Whether you are a local or a visitor, this weekend has something for you to do!
Start your weekend early…
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Red, White & Blue Hero’s Fireworks
Come enjoy an amazing vintage WWII aircraft flyover, live entertainment, and a beautiful fireworks display!
Where: HarborWalk Village, Destin, FL
Time: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Magic shows and kids activities with Pirate Captain Davy
Where: Baytowne Wharf, Miramar Beach, FL
Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
30A Farmer’s Market
Fresh fruits, vegetables, jams, and baked goods.
Where: Rosemary Beach Community Town Center
Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Friday, June 24, 2016
June 19, 2016 | admin
In most cases, the weather on the Emerald Coast is amazing. We have beautiful landscapes, warm sunshine, and incredible waters. However, sometimes the weather doesn’t always cooperate with what we “want,” but never fear. Just accept the weather and run with it because there is still plenty to do when it rains in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Below are a few things to do in Fort Walton Beach, FL and the surrounding area when it rains.
- Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park – Check out everything the Gulfarium has to offer. They operate rain or shine. If it’s a rainy day, you might as well go check out all of the marine life. Better yet, have some animal encounters and create a memory for your family to remember forever. The dolphins, sea lions, and all of their other marine animals are amazing creatures.
- Visit a Movie Theater – There are many different movie theaters along the Emerald Coast. See what’s playing and enjoy popcorn and a show! See a list of area movie theaters here.
- Santa Rosa Mall – Santa Rosa Mall is in Mary Esther on Mary Esther Blvd and it is an indoor mall which offers many different shops, including several large department stores. If it’s raining, go ahead and do your shopping or just walk off some of your excess energy. At Santa Rosa Mall, you’ll find plenty of clothing, electronics, jewelry, trendy items, and many other great items made especially for you!
- Silver Sands Premium Outlets – The Silver Sands Premium Outlets center boasts as being the largest designer outlet in the United States, so make sure you don’t miss this shopping experience. Silver Sands Factory Outlets has all of your brand name outlets at very affordable pricing, much less than normal retail and department stores. It’s just a short drive from Fort Walton Beach. Shop over 100 premium outlet stores.
- U.S. Air Force Armament Museum – The Armament Museum is a great museum full of retired Air Force fighter and bomber planes. You can sit in the cockpit simulator and see old air force mementos that were used from those fighting for our freedom years ago. The best part is that admission is totally FREE. The Armament Museum is located just north of Shalimar on Highway 85, which is only about a 10 minute drive from downtown Fort Walton Beach.
- Emerald Coast Science Center – For a great indoor activity to keep your kids minds engaged, make sure to visit the Emerald Coast Science Center. Here, you will find hundreds of hands-on learning exhibits and learn about many areas of science.
- The Boardwalk – It’s true The Boardwalk is best experienced on a sunny beach day; however, you can still shop, eat, and play at The Boardwalk when it’s raining. It’s located on Okaloosa Island in Fort Walton Beach and offers an array of specialty shops, restaurants, and nightclubs.
- Take a Lazy Day – It may not be optimal to hole up in your hotel room if you are visiting the Emerald Coast, however, if it happens to be raining and you don’t feel like getting out in it, take a true vacation day and rest. Most likely you don’t get enough rest during your “non-vacation” time, so take advantage of the raining day and sleep. Then after a day of rest and vegging out and watching television shows, you will be more than ready to hit the beach the next day when it’s sunny and warm! Many of the Fort Walton Beach Hotels and condos are very nice and comfortable, so it may not be so bad to be stuck indoors for a day.
- Eat – The Emerald Coast has so many fabulous restaurants. It’s also true that most people tend to eat more when they are bored. So while it’s raining and you are looking for something to do, visit some of the excellent Fort Walton Beach restaurants. Try a different one each day and try to decide which one is your favorite restaurant. But, I warn you now, the decision will be extremely tough picking a favorite.
- Roller Skating – When is the last time you went roller skating? It’s probably been since you were in middle school. It’s raining outside, so there’s never been a better time to check your balance. It’s a fun experience, and your kids will have a blast doing it. Fort Walton Skating Center is conveniently located on Racetrack Rd in Fort Walton Beach.
- Get Your Spa Treatment On – There are some great Fort Walton Beach Spas to choose from. You’ve been wanting to get that facial, skin rejuvenation treatment, massage, or bikini wax, so take advantage of the rainy day and pamper yourself.
- Go for the Strike – Fort Walton Beach has two great bowling alleys, which are great ways to enjoy the day when the weather isn’t cooperating with your plans.
- Get a Manicure or Pedicure – There are many excellent nail salons along the Emerald Coast. Treat yourself to a well-deserved mani, pedi, or both!
- Shop for Vintage – Fort Walton Beach is home to several fantastic flea markets, antique stores, and thrift shops. Find those perfect old pieces to complete your decor!
- Play the Arcade – Stop by Wild Willy’s Adventure Zone for a little arcade, food, and fun.
- Ice Cream – When all else fails, go for ice cream. Whether you prefer yogurt, gelato, soft serve, or good old fashioned ice cream, there are plenty of ice cream shops in Fort Walton Beach.
- Read – Find a book store or visit one of our many local area libraries.
So if you find yourself on vacation in Fort Walton Beach, FL and it’s a rainy day, you have plenty of fun indoor options to choose from. Your vacation will not be a waste, but rather a fun, memorable time. Hopefully, the weather will clear up and you will have plenty of sunny days for your visit to the Fort Walton Beach area.
Things To Do in Destin FL on a Rainy Day
May 6, 2016 | admin
These days, it’s really expensive to take your family of 4 to the movies. Be prepared to spend upwards of around $35 plus any concessions. However, several of our area theaters are offering FREE and $1 movies for children, and, of course for the adults as well. There is no catch. There are, however, a couple of rules of thumb to follow:
- These theaters are doing this at an extremely low cost or completely FREE so please support them by buying concessions, such as popcorn, candy, and drinks.
- Respect the theaters by throwing away your trash
- Respect other people by not talking, staying off your cell phone, and keeping your kids quiet. Just because the movie is free, doesn’t mean you should let your kids run wild or talk through the movie.
There are 3 area theaters that are offering movies. All movies start at 10:00 am. See the schedules for each theater below for the rest of the summer:
Regal United Artists Santa Rosa 10 – Mary Esther, FL
- 6/26 Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
- 6/27 Hugo
- 7/3 Adventures of Tin Tin
- 7/4 Puss in Boots
- 7/10 Kung Fu Panda 2
- 7/11 Rango
- 7/17 Rio
- 7/18 Spy Kids 4
- 7/24 Chimpanzee
- 7/25 Hoodwinked Too
- 7/31 Arthur Christmas
- 8/1 The Smurfs
Rave Cinemas – Destin, FL
- 6/25 & 6/28 Dolphin Tale
- 7/2 & 7/5 Shorts
- 7/9 & 7/12 Inkheart
- 7/16 & 7/19 Happy Feet
The Marquis Cinema – Crestview – FL
- 6/26 & 6/28: Cars 2 & Alvin & the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked
- 7/3 & 7/5: Rio & Journey 2
- 7/10 & 7/12: Ice Age 3 & Big Miracle
*Ice Age4 opens 7/13
- 7/17 & 7/19: Adventures of Tintin & Smurfs
- 7/24 & 7/26: Happy Feet Two & The Muppets
- 7/31 & 8/2: Secret World of Arietty & Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2
*Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3 opens 8/3
- 8/7 & 8/9: Puss n Boots & Yogi Bear
- 8/14 & 8/16: Kung Fu Panda 2 & Spy Kids 4
So go ahead and enjoy some of the summer by taking the kids out for a great family movie and beat the heat. All of the theaters begin the movies at 10:00 am. Be sure and thank the theaters, because it’s hard to get entertainment for free or just $1.00.
Do you know of other theaters along the Emerald Coast that aren’t mentioned in this article? If so, please comment below and let us know so we can be sure to include them.
June 25, 2012 | admin