2017 $1 Movie Schedule at Santa Rosa 10
The Summer Movies Express for Summer 2017 starts in June at United Artists Santa Rosa 10 in Mary Esther, FL. A portion of the proceeds goes to the Will Rodgers Institute. Please support this program at this theater through purchases at their concession stand. All showtimes are at 10:00 am on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Both movies play on each Tues/Wed. $1 ticket fee per person.
2017 $1 Summer Movies Schedule
May 11, 2017 | admin
Whether you are an avid runner or a novice, there are many races along the Emerald Coast in which to participate. Our local areas races may be a 5K, 10K, half marathon, or marathon for you to choose depending on your fitness level. Your goal may be to break a previous personal best time or it may be simply to finish the race. Go for the gold in some or all of these upcoming runs. Nearly all of them are for charity, so you can feel proud that you are not only improving your health but also supporting a great cause! Check out these upcoming races in Fort Walton Beach and surrounding areas, including Destin, Crestview, Valparaiso, Miramar Beach, Navarre, and Niceville.
Upcoming 2017 Races
April 1, 2017 – Pryor 5K – Fort Walton Beach, FL
April 8, 2017 – Hunger Run 5K – Niceville, FL
April 15, 2017 – Run For Joy 5K – Niceville, FL
April 200, 2017 – Emerald Coast Crime Stoppers Mugbug 5k – Fort Walton Beach, FL
April 22, 2017 – Liza Jackson 5K – Fort Walton Beach, FL
April 23, 2017 – Trailblazer Trail Run (6.3 miles) – Fort Walton Beach, FL
April 29, 2017 – Heritage 5K – Valparaiso, FL
April 29, 2017 – Payne Chiropractic Life Center 5K – Destin, FL
May 6, 2017 – Sunset Stampede 5K – Navarre, FL
May 13, 2017 – Rice and Beans 5K
May 20, 2017 – Race 4 Hearts 5K
May 27, 2017 – Gate to Gate Memorial Run 4.4 Miles/10K – Eglin AFB, FL
June 3, 2017 – Billy Bowlegs 5K – Fort Walton Beach, FL
Set your goals high and choose several of these upcoming runs to help support our local charities and races! 5K and 10K runs are huge fundraisers for many local non-profit organization along the Emerald Coast. Your support by running in the race and sharing race information online is very appreciated and helpful to make these events successful. We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming races!
Are we missing a race? If so, please comment below and we’ll be glad to add it to the list above and the race calendar. Or, feel free to add it yourself for FREE!
December 11, 2016 | admin
A list of the 2017 haunted houses, haunted trails, haunted woods, haunted hay rides, and other fun Halloween activities around the Emerald Coast.
It’s that time of year again when people who like to be scared senseless can have their pick of scary adventures in our area. There are plenty of frightful venues in our area guaranteed to scare you as much (or as little) as you like. Most of them run between $7-$15 per person.
2017 Scary Halloween Activities
Dates & Times TBA
Hallows Hill Haunted Hay Ride 2017
Dates and Times:
October 7-8 7-10 pm
October 14-15 7-10 pm
October 21-22 7-10 pm
October 28-29 7-10 pm
October 31 7-10 pm
November 4-5 7-10 pm
Cost : $7
Nightmare on Old Spanish Trail
Dates and Times:
October 7-8 7-11 pm
October 14-15 7-11 pm
October 21-22 7-11 pm
October 28-29 7-11 pm
October 31 7-10 pm
November 4-5 7-11 pm
Cost : $15
The Dark – Haunted House
Dates and Times:
October 21-22 Time 6:30 PM – 10:00 PM
October 28-29 Time 6:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Place: Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge Zoological Park – Crestview
DeFuniak Springs Haunted Hospital
Dates and Times:
October 21-22 Time 7:00 PM – MIDNIGHT
October 28-29 Time 7:00 PM – MIDNIGHT
Place: 1290 Circle Drive, DeFuniak Springs, FL 32435
Fun Halloween Activities
Tricks & Treasures at The Boardwalk
Meet at The Boardwalk for an evening of trick or treating, treasure hunting, carnival games, live music and entertainment, hula hoop contest, and more!
Date & Time:
October 31 Time 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Place: The Boardwalk
Trick or Treat Street
Trick or treat through the Village streets of Baytown Wharf while listening to frighteningly good live music. Enjoy crafts, balloon animals, and stiltwalking. End the night with a spooktacular fireworks display over the lagoon.
Date & Time:
October 31 Time 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Place: Baytowne Wharf
Kids & Dog costume contest, trick or treating, face painting, and creepy Halloween crafts at Destin Commons.
Date & Time:
October 28 Time 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Place: Destin Commons
Uptown Station Halloween Celebration
Enjoy trick or treating at the Uptown Station shops, costume contests, and more at Uptown Station for this Halloween celebration.
Date & Time:
October 29 Time 6:00 PM
Place: Uptown Station
Pumpkinpalooza at HarborWalk Village
Family fun begins at 2pm with a kid’s and pet costume contest, arts, crafts, and, of course, trick or treating.
Date & Time:
October 30 Time 2:00 PM
Place: HarborWalk Village
Monster Mash Pub Crawl
Leave the kids and have some adult fun at HarborWalk Village with an adult costume contest and plenty of bar stops along the Destin Harbor.
Date & Time:
October 29 Time 6:00 PM
Place: HarborWalk Village
October 19, 2016 | Jennifer Black
See all of the 2017 haunted houses, haunted trails, haunted hospitals, and fun trick or treating and Halloween activities here: http://emeraldcoasthub.com/things-that-go-boo-in-the-night/
Halloween is a fun time of year on the Emerald Coast. There are many fun and exciting things to do on Halloween as well as the preceding days leading to Halloween. Not only will there be many Fall festivals (previously and still to me known as Halloween festivals at many local churches and schools, but there will be lots of trick or treating events and haunted houses in Fort Walton Beach and the surrounding area, as well as Haunted History Tours. Many of these haunted houses are not for the faint of heart, so you won’t need your trick or treat bags.
EmeraldCoastHUB.com will keep your informed of our local Haunted Houses for Halloween 2016. As of right now, some of the groups that host the local Halloween haunted houses and Halloween events have not finalized all of the details of locations and times, but check back to this article often and we will update as more details are released.
Some of the known haunted houses and haunted history tours to look forward to in 2016 are below:
The Dark – 6th Annual Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge Haunted Houses
Location – Uptown Station
Cost – $8.00 per person (benefits the Wildlife Refuge)
Dates & Times
October 12-13 Opens at 7:00 pm
October 19-20 Opens at 7:00 pm
October 26-27 Opens at 7:00 pm
October 27 Kids Day 1:00-4:00 pm (FREE for kids, but donations appreciated)
October 31 Opens at 7:00 pm
Nightmare on 98
Location – 1221 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE (Old Sammy’s Gentlemen’s Club location on Highway 98 on Okaloosa Island)
Cost – $8.00 for Adults, $5.00 for Kids 10 & under (benefits St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, TN). Instead of the standard admission tickets, you can buy Fast Pass tickets and avoid the line – $10.00 for adults and $8.00 for Kids 10 & under.
Dates & Times
October 5-7 Opens at 7:00 pm
October 12-14 Opens at 7:00 pm
October 19-21 Opens at 7:00 pm
October 26-28 Opens at 7:00 pm
October 30-31 Opens at 7:00 pm
Amped Elite All Stars Haunted House
Location – Behind Top This Yogurt and Game On in Niceville
Cost – $5 per person (benefits the Amped Elite Competitive Cheerleading teams to cover travel expenses for competition)
Dates & Times
Thursday, October 25 6pm – 10pm
Friday, October 26 6pm – midnight
Saturday, October 27 6pm to midnight
Sunday, October 28 6pm – 10pm
Jaycees Haunted House 2012
Location – Harborwalk Village Destin
Cost – $8 per person (Revenues go toward charitable area causes such as Thanksgiving Day Baskets and Give-A-Kid-A Christmas)
Dates & Times
Friday, October 19 7pm til the last person is scared away
Saturday, October 20 7pm til the last person is scared away
Friday, October 26 – Wednesday October 31 – 7pm til the last person is scared away
Fort Walton Beach Haunted History Tour
Location – Indian Temple Mound Museum
Cost – $10 for adults and $7 for children – It is highly encouraged to purchase your tickets ahead of time at the Indian Temple Mound Museum M-F from 12:00-4:30 and Saturdays 10:00-4:30. If space is available, you will be able to purchase tickets on tour nights with cash only.
Dates & Times
October 26 – Tours at 6:30 pm, 7:15 pm, 8:00 pm, and 8:45 pm
October 27 – Tours at 6:30 pm, 7:15 pm, 8:00 pm, and 8:45 pm
Join this spooky walking tour of 10 historic sites in the Downtown Fort Walton Beach area. This tour will feature re-enactments of history and hauntings with costumed actors.
4th Annual Fort Walton Beach Zombie Walk
Location – The Landing
Cost – Bring 2 canned goods for food drive
Date & Time – October 20, 2012
Start at The Landing in Fort Walton Beach and register to get your info packs and maps. Then you will walk through the Downtown area trick or treating at the Downtown merchants and play games and other zombie activities as you go. At 6:30 pm, the Parade of Zombies will be on the sidewalk off of Highway 98 while en route back to The Landing for the Thriller Dance with DJ music at 7:00 pm at the stage.
October 7, 2016 | admin
It’s summer on the Emerald Coast and that means there is plenty to do with your family! Whether you are a local or a visitor, this weekend has something for you to do!
Start your weekend early…
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Red, White & Blue Hero’s Fireworks
Come enjoy an amazing vintage WWII aircraft flyover, live entertainment, and a beautiful fireworks display!
Where: HarborWalk Village, Destin, FL
Time: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Magic shows and kids activities with Pirate Captain Davy
Where: Baytowne Wharf, Miramar Beach, FL
Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
30A Farmer’s Market
Fresh fruits, vegetables, jams, and baked goods.
Where: Rosemary Beach Community Town Center
Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Friday, June 24, 2016
June 19, 2016 | admin
July 4th Fireworks
The time of year to celebrate our Independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain will soon be here. On July 4, fireworks celebrations will take place all along the Emerald Coast. Some of the celebrations takes place before the 4th of July, so you can catch multiple fireworks shows! These displays are not just beautiful; they represent our freedom. They stand for all of the opportunities that we have as Americans. Below are several fireworks displays to celebrate Independence Day 2017.
2017 fireworks celebrations will be posted as they are announced along the Emerald Coast.
July 4th Fireworks on the Emerald Coast
Smoke on the Coast – July 3, 2016 -9:00 pm – Start your Independence Day early at Destin Commons with great BBQ, live music, street performers, and kids activities. This 6th annual event benefits local charities. There will be 20 area restaurants competing in the BBQ competition fighting for the People’s choice award of best BBQ on the Emerald Coast. Starts at 5:00 pm and samples are $1 each.
4th of July Fireworks over the Harbor – July 4, 2016 – 9:00 PM – The City of Destin with additional activities from HarborWalk Village will host this Independence Day fireworks show along with fun and festivities at HarborWalk Village. (more…)
June 18, 2016 | admin
Whether you are visiting Florida’s Emerald Coast or you live in this paradise, there are plenty of ways to de-stress and relax your mind. For your health, it’s very important to take time to relax your mind and do something that you love to do that is non-stressful. Stress is a major cause of many health conditions such as insomnia, depression, heart problems, high blood pressure, and much more. If stress continues to build up without a proper channel for stress relief, it causes more and more damage to your body.
Do yourself and your family a favor by relaxing Emerald Coast style! We have many ways to de-stress in the local area and below you’ll find some of the best ways!
Things to Do to De-Stress in Destin – Fort Walton Beach
- Relax on the Beach – With the most beautiful beaches in Florida, the Destin and Fort Walton area beaches are a haven to relax your mind.
- Read – Reading relaxes your mind because it takes your mind to new places and allows you to temporarily forget about stress. Even 10 minutes of reading helps reduce your blood pressure and eases your stress. This hiatus from stress helps your body cope with future stress. So find a local library or a book store and get a good book to read.
- Pamper Yourself – We have plenty of spas to whisk away your stress. Whether you prefer massages, body wraps, pedicures, manicures, or facials, there are many options along the Emerald Coast. Find a great nail salon for a mani/pedi or a day spa to enjoy a well-deserved massage.
- Listen to Music – Music has been proven to relax you and reduce stress. You can listen to your iPod while laying out at the beach or pool or you can find some live music to enjoy.
- Hit the Pool – There have been findings from a Swedish study that shows that floating in water decreases pain, stress, anxiety, and depression and positive effects are maintained for up to 4 months afterward after only 12 sessions.
- Yoga – This has been practiced for centuries and for good reason. Proper stretching, breathing, and relaxation techniques practiced in Yoga have been proven as a way to reduce stress. There are many Yoga studios along the Emerald Coast. Find one that fits your budget and needs to start beating stress.
- Exercise – While this isn’t the answer for everyone, there are many people who love to exercise, making this a perfect outlet for stress release. You can walk, run, weight train, or find a gym as a way to exercise away stress.
- Golf – The Emerald Coast is privy to many beautiful golf courses. If you are a golf lover, then this sport can help reduce your stress. However, for some, this sport can cause stress if you are overly competitive. Have fun and play a few leisurely rounds of golf at one of the Fort Walton Beach or Destin golf courses.
- Get Spiritual – We have hundreds of area churches, so find one where you feel comfortable and do some worship. Not a spiritual person? Find a quiet or relaxing place and try meditation.
- Eat Healthier – Eating whole foods can do wonders for health. Too much “food” in the grocery stores is processed and full of sugar, which is known to reduce your body’s ability to handle stress. This processed and high sugar food has also been proven to be bad for your health. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables will help you better cope with the daily stressors of life. Find one of our many farmers markets and start buying locally grown, fresh produce.
- Take Up Art – Studies have shown that art projects reduce stress. This accesses the creative areas of your brain that are often neglected in your day-to-day activities. You can find art-related events along the Emerald Coast. At the very least, visit a local art gallery to appreciate the many unique styles of art from our local artists. The art galleries may inspire you to create your own art!
- Make Time For Your Hobby – Options for hobbies are endless around the Emerald Coast. There are many water-related hobbies such as paddle boarding, boating, surfing, fishing, scuba diving, and more. Find a craft or hobby that relaxes you. You may prefer to stay on land and frequent bowling alleys or movie theaters, or you may prefer to stay at home and do woodworking projects, sewing, or craft projects. All can be good for your health.
There are many more activities you can do while visiting the Destin or Fort Walton Beach area. Find more Destin events to find what you like.
Things to do in Destin, FL
Things to do in Destin on a Rainy Day
What to do This Weekend in Destin – Fort Walton Beach
Upcoming 5K Races
June 9, 2016 | admin
Stay turned for more information about the fireworks displays from Okaloosa Island Pier for Summer 2017!
Each Wednesday night at 9:00 pm during the Summer, a beautiful fireworks show takes place on the Okaloosa Island Pier. Update coming soon!
This is a great time to enjoy the beautiful beaches of Fort Walton Beach at night AND watch a great show. These fireworks displays are FREE. Just bring a towel, blanket, or chair, and claim your spot on the beautiful beaches. After the display, be sure to visit the bars and restaurants on Okaloosa Island.
See all of the upcoming fireworks dates:
Fireworks Displays on the Emerald Coast
Fireworks From Okaloosa Island Pier
June 1, 2016 | admin
Florida’s Emerald Coast is host to many fireworks displays and celebrations. Local and visitors alike love a great fireworks show and you have many choices throughout the year. Of course, you New Year’s Even, Memorial Day, and Independence Day are holidays known for great fireworks, there are many more opportunities that you don’t want to miss. There are plenty of show during the Summer in Destin and Fort Walton Beach.
Upcoming Fireworks Destin – Fort Walton Beach
May 28, 2017 – Memorial Day Weekend Celebration – Baytowne Wharf – Miramar Breach, FL
June 3, 2017 – Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival – Fort Walton Beach, FL
July 4, 2017 – Red, White, and Baytowne – Baytowne Wharf – Miramar Beach, FL
December 31, 2017 – New Year’s Eve at The Landing – Fort Walton Beach, FL
December 31, 2017 – New Year’s Eve Street Party – HarborWalk Village – Destin, FL
December 31, 2017 – Baytowne Countdown – Baytowne Wharf – Miramar Beach, FL
December 31, 2017 – New Year’s Eve Countdown – Seaside, FL
You can always check our fireworks calendar to see the latest listings of all fireworks displays along the Emerald Coast.
4th of July Fireworks 2017
Okaloosa Island Fireworks 2017
May 26, 2016 | admin
In most cases, the weather on the Emerald Coast is amazing. We have beautiful landscapes, warm sunshine, and incredible waters. However, sometimes the weather doesn’t always cooperate with what we “want,” but never fear. Just accept the weather and run with it because there is still plenty to do when it rains in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Below are a few things to do in Fort Walton Beach, FL and the surrounding area when it rains.
- Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park – Check out everything the Gulfarium has to offer. They operate rain or shine. If it’s a rainy day, you might as well go check out all of the marine life. Better yet, have some animal encounters and create a memory for your family to remember forever. The dolphins, sea lions, and all of their other marine animals are amazing creatures.
- Visit a Movie Theater – There are many different movie theaters along the Emerald Coast. See what’s playing and enjoy popcorn and a show! See a list of area movie theaters here.
- Santa Rosa Mall – Santa Rosa Mall is in Mary Esther on Mary Esther Blvd and it is an indoor mall which offers many different shops, including several large department stores. If it’s raining, go ahead and do your shopping or just walk off some of your excess energy. At Santa Rosa Mall, you’ll find plenty of clothing, electronics, jewelry, trendy items, and many other great items made especially for you!
- Silver Sands Premium Outlets – The Silver Sands Premium Outlets center boasts as being the largest designer outlet in the United States, so make sure you don’t miss this shopping experience. Silver Sands Factory Outlets has all of your brand name outlets at very affordable pricing, much less than normal retail and department stores. It’s just a short drive from Fort Walton Beach. Shop over 100 premium outlet stores.
- U.S. Air Force Armament Museum – The Armament Museum is a great museum full of retired Air Force fighter and bomber planes. You can sit in the cockpit simulator and see old air force mementos that were used from those fighting for our freedom years ago. The best part is that admission is totally FREE. The Armament Museum is located just north of Shalimar on Highway 85, which is only about a 10 minute drive from downtown Fort Walton Beach.
- Emerald Coast Science Center – For a great indoor activity to keep your kids minds engaged, make sure to visit the Emerald Coast Science Center. Here, you will find hundreds of hands-on learning exhibits and learn about many areas of science.
- The Boardwalk – It’s true The Boardwalk is best experienced on a sunny beach day; however, you can still shop, eat, and play at The Boardwalk when it’s raining. It’s located on Okaloosa Island in Fort Walton Beach and offers an array of specialty shops, restaurants, and nightclubs.
- Take a Lazy Day – It may not be optimal to hole up in your hotel room if you are visiting the Emerald Coast, however, if it happens to be raining and you don’t feel like getting out in it, take a true vacation day and rest. Most likely you don’t get enough rest during your “non-vacation” time, so take advantage of the raining day and sleep. Then after a day of rest and vegging out and watching television shows, you will be more than ready to hit the beach the next day when it’s sunny and warm! Many of the Fort Walton Beach Hotels and condos are very nice and comfortable, so it may not be so bad to be stuck indoors for a day.
- Eat – The Emerald Coast has so many fabulous restaurants. It’s also true that most people tend to eat more when they are bored. So while it’s raining and you are looking for something to do, visit some of the excellent Fort Walton Beach restaurants. Try a different one each day and try to decide which one is your favorite restaurant. But, I warn you now, the decision will be extremely tough picking a favorite.
- Roller Skating – When is the last time you went roller skating? It’s probably been since you were in middle school. It’s raining outside, so there’s never been a better time to check your balance. It’s a fun experience, and your kids will have a blast doing it. Fort Walton Skating Center is conveniently located on Racetrack Rd in Fort Walton Beach.
- Get Your Spa Treatment On – There are some great Fort Walton Beach Spas to choose from. You’ve been wanting to get that facial, skin rejuvenation treatment, massage, or bikini wax, so take advantage of the rainy day and pamper yourself.
- Go for the Strike – Fort Walton Beach has two great bowling alleys, which are great ways to enjoy the day when the weather isn’t cooperating with your plans.
- Get a Manicure or Pedicure – There are many excellent nail salons along the Emerald Coast. Treat yourself to a well-deserved mani, pedi, or both!
- Shop for Vintage – Fort Walton Beach is home to several fantastic flea markets, antique stores, and thrift shops. Find those perfect old pieces to complete your decor!
- Play the Arcade – Stop by Wild Willy’s Adventure Zone for a little arcade, food, and fun.
- Ice Cream – When all else fails, go for ice cream. Whether you prefer yogurt, gelato, soft serve, or good old fashioned ice cream, there are plenty of ice cream shops in Fort Walton Beach.
- Read – Find a book store or visit one of our many local area libraries.
So if you find yourself on vacation in Fort Walton Beach, FL and it’s a rainy day, you have plenty of fun indoor options to choose from. Your vacation will not be a waste, but rather a fun, memorable time. Hopefully, the weather will clear up and you will have plenty of sunny days for your visit to the Fort Walton Beach area.
Things To Do in Destin FL on a Rainy Day
May 6, 2016 | admin