Emerald Coast HUB
- Top 10 Things to do in Destin Florida June 26, 2017
- A Plan For Success For Your Premium Directory Listing June 19, 2017
- Upcoming 5K & 10K Runs in Destin – Fort Walton Beach June 15, 2017
- 4th of July Fireworks Celebrations 2018 June 13, 2017
Things To Do in Destin FL On A Rainy Day
If you are a visitor to the Destin, FL area, you have probably heard how the weather consists of warmth and sunshine. During the summer months, it is very common to have an afternoon rain shower which consists of a terrential downpour for about 20 minutes followed by sunshine. The rain is quickly dried up and you would barely be able to tell that it did rain unless you witnessed it for yourself. However, a couple of times per year, a storm will come through the area and it may rain the entire weekend. While this rain will keep you away from the beautiful beaches along the Emerald Coast of Florida, and keep you from swimming at the pool at your condo or hotel, your visit doesn’t have to be a complete loss. Below are several things to do in the Destin Fort Walton Beach area when it rains.
- Visit Silver Sands Factory Outlets.
- Check out the Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park. At this park, you can see shows with dolphins and sea lions and have encounters with many different species of marine animals..
- Take the kids to the Emerald Coast Science Center. This educational center allows you to learn all about the ins and outs of many different areas of science with many hands on displays. Learn about the human body, astronomy, and much more. .
- Go see the U.S. Air Force Armament Museum.
- Go shopping at Santa Rosa Mall in Mary Esther, the area’s only indoor shopping mall.
- Pamper yourself at one of the many spas along the Emerald Coast.
- Hang out in the evenings at some of the area beach clubs and listen to live music.
- See a show from Stage Crafters Community Theatre (offers shows 3-4 times per year).
- Shop at Destin Commons, which is a collection of upscale and specialty stores as well as Bass Pro Shop.
- Visit Destin History and Fishing Museum. Here you can see award-winning fish which were caught locally, antique rod and reels, and a collection of vintage photographs.
- If you want a blast from the past, take the kids skating at Fort Walton Beach Skating Center.
- Take the family bowling at one of the area’s bowling alleys.
- Go see a movie at one of many area movie theaters.
- Visit The Boardwalk on Okaloosa Island. There are several restaurants, bars, and beach specialty shops located here.
- Need I even mention to go out to eat? The area is jam packed with incredible Destin restaurants of all varieties.
With all of these things to do while it’s raining, be sure to take advantage of these attractions. Though, don’t be surprised if you see sunshine when you leave on these indoor attractions. Typically the rain showers come quickly and dissipate even quicker, so its rare that youll have a day that you can’t visit the beach or pool at all.