Emerald Coast HUB
- Sweet Season Farms Corn Maze October 23, 2017
- Top 10 Things to do in Destin Florida June 26, 2017
- A Plan For Success For Your Premium Directory Listing June 19, 2017
- Upcoming 5K & 10K Runs in Destin – Fort Walton Beach June 15, 2017
10 Things to Do When It’s Cold on the Emerald Coast
Let’s face it…..Floridians are wimps about the cold! It’s easy to decide to stay indoors and hover in front of a heat source until early March. Unfortunately, for anyone with kids or anyone who gets stir crazy eventually you have to find a way to get out and go somewhere. Here are some places to go and things to do to beat the doldrums of the 5 minutes of cold here on the Emerald Coast. As always, please feel free to contact us and let us know of any other events or places you don’t see.
- Go shopping in some of the many shopping centers on the Emerald Coast, such as the Santa Rosa Mall and Destin Commons.
- Try skating, whether it be roller skating at the Fort Walton Skating Center or ice skating in the Village of Baytowne Wharf.
- There are tons of flea markets to look through, so check them out! Some great flea markets are De’France Indoor Flea Market Antiques and the Fort Walton Beach Flea Market.
- Enjoy some hands-on entertainment at Escape Zone and Fat Daddy’s Arcade! Test your problem solving skills, or just enjoy some fun arcade games.
- Feeling stressed? Visit a soothing spa to help relax. Here are the top nail salons in the area.
- Warm yourself up by going to Crystal Beach Coffee, Amavida Coffee and Tea, or any of the other local coffee shops on the Emerald Coast.
- Play a fun game of bowling at the White Sands Bowling Center or the Hurlburt Field Bowling Center.
- Heard of any movies that have interested you? There are plenty of movie theaters that play all of the hottest movies out, including Downtown Cinema Plus, the AMC Destin Commons 14, and the Regal Sun Plaza.
- Learn about how cool science is by going to the Emerald Coast Science Center! It’s a great way to have fun, learn some interesting things, and stay warm.
- Going to places like the Baker Block Museum and the Air Force Armament Museum provide creative ways to learn while also making it fun!