Emerald Coast HUB
- Sweet Season Farms Corn Maze October 23, 2017
- Top 10 Things to do in Destin Florida June 26, 2017
- A Plan For Success For Your Premium Directory Listing June 19, 2017
- Upcoming 5K & 10K Runs in Destin – Fort Walton Beach June 15, 2017
Ways to De-Stress on the Emerald Coast
Whether you are visiting Florida’s Emerald Coast or you live in this paradise, there are plenty of ways to de-stress and relax your mind. For your health, it’s very important to take time to relax your mind and do something that you love to do that is non-stressful. Stress is a major cause of many health conditions such as insomnia, depression, heart problems, high blood pressure, and much more. If stress continues to build up without a proper channel for stress relief, it causes more and more damage to your body.
Do yourself and your family a favor by relaxing Emerald Coast style! We have many ways to de-stress in the local area and below you’ll find some of the best ways!
Things to Do to De-Stress in Destin – Fort Walton Beach
- Relax on the Beach – With the most beautiful beaches in Florida, the Destin and Fort Walton area beaches are a haven to relax your mind.
- Read – Reading relaxes your mind because it takes your mind to new places and allows you to temporarily forget about stress. Even 10 minutes of reading helps reduce your blood pressure and eases your stress. This hiatus from stress helps your body cope with future stress. So find a local library or a book store and get a good book to read.
- Pamper Yourself – We have plenty of spas to whisk away your stress. Whether you prefer massages, body wraps, pedicures, manicures, or facials, there are many options along the Emerald Coast. Find a great nail salon for a mani/pedi or a day spa to enjoy a well-deserved massage.
- Listen to Music – Music has been proven to relax you and reduce stress. You can listen to your iPod while laying out at the beach or pool or you can find some live music to enjoy.
- Hit the Pool – There have been findings from a Swedish study that shows that floating in water decreases pain, stress, anxiety, and depression and positive effects are maintained for up to 4 months afterward after only 12 sessions.
- Yoga – This has been practiced for centuries and for good reason. Proper stretching, breathing, and relaxation techniques practiced in Yoga have been proven as a way to reduce stress. There are many Yoga studios along the Emerald Coast. Find one that fits your budget and needs to start beating stress.
- Exercise – While this isn’t the answer for everyone, there are many people who love to exercise, making this a perfect outlet for stress release. You can walk, run, weight train, or find a gym as a way to exercise away stress.
- Golf – The Emerald Coast is privy to many beautiful golf courses. If you are a golf lover, then this sport can help reduce your stress. However, for some, this sport can cause stress if you are overly competitive. Have fun and play a few leisurely rounds of golf at one of the Fort Walton Beach or Destin golf courses.
- Get Spiritual – We have hundreds of area churches, so find one where you feel comfortable and do some worship. Not a spiritual person? Find a quiet or relaxing place and try meditation.
- Eat Healthier – Eating whole foods can do wonders for health. Too much “food” in the grocery stores is processed and full of sugar, which is known to reduce your body’s ability to handle stress. This processed and high sugar food has also been proven to be bad for your health. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables will help you better cope with the daily stressors of life. Find one of our many farmers markets and start buying locally grown, fresh produce.
- Take Up Art – Studies have shown that art projects reduce stress. This accesses the creative areas of your brain that are often neglected in your day-to-day activities. You can find art-related events along the Emerald Coast. At the very least, visit a local art gallery to appreciate the many unique styles of art from our local artists. The art galleries may inspire you to create your own art!
- Make Time For Your Hobby – Options for hobbies are endless around the Emerald Coast. There are many water-related hobbies such as paddle boarding, boating, surfing, fishing, scuba diving, and more. Find a craft or hobby that relaxes you. You may prefer to stay on land and frequent bowling alleys or movie theaters, or you may prefer to stay at home and do woodworking projects, sewing, or craft projects. All can be good for your health.
There are many more activities you can do while visiting the Destin or Fort Walton Beach area. Find more Destin events to find what you like.